24 November 2006

Eats flies

I'm in Minneapolis for Thanksgiving. I've been the guest of my good seminary friend Letha and her husband Scott. Joining us for the weekend are Samuel Sudhe and Nicholas Sichangi: Virginia Theological Seminary students who are Anglican priests in Kenya. It's been amazing to share food traditions, family stories, and the vast differences in how theological students are trained in Kenya compared to how we are trained here.

So, what does this have to do with eating flies? Well, there's a wonderfu ad campaign being waged in the Twin Cities. My guess is that it's encouraging freedom of thought and self-confidence. Each poster is a photo of a famous entity and something short and pithy about his/her life.

My favourite poster, seen on a bus stop shelter in St. Paul, Minnesota:

Eats flies. Dates a pig. Is a movie star. Live your Dreams - accompanied by a picture of Kermit the Frog.

3 comments:

susan said...

Makes me think of "I guess I'll go eat worms." :)

Gallycat said...

Hi Fran!!!

~Helen

Abuela Marty said...

Gotta love Kermit! What slogans would I use for me? Hmmmm. That would be a fun exercise.

I heard a rumor that there were snow flurries here in Reston just a few minutes ago! Happy Advent.
Love,
Martha