01 May 2007

New Vestments




Emily is a junior at Finlandia University, studying fashion design. Her hope is to find work in Liturgical Design. She made these vestments for me, as a class project this spring. The fabric is summer weight hemp. The dyes are environmentally friendly, as are the inks for the prints. The green set is block printed, the red set is screen printed. They are now sewn together and are reversible. I am so pleased and amazed by what she has done. If you want Em to make some vestments for you, let me know and I'll put you in touch with her. Her summer project is a new alb for me! The stoles match the chasubles.

4 comments:

Abuela Marty said...

Those are "take your breath away" beautiful!!!!! What a gift of love. Bellisima!!!!
~M

Suzanne said...

Wow! Those are amazingly beautiful. She has done some amazing work. Nice work, and congratulations to you on your new vestments.

MargretH said...

Cool! It's unfortunate I don't need any vestments.

Fran said...

Too bad, Margret. If you ever DO need vestments, though, Emily's your woman! xo